Any time you have damp or moist conditions, you run the risk of mold problems. Mold occurs everywhere, and in natural conditions is totally harmless to humans. Unfortunately, mold in the home can present health hazards as slight as allergic reactions or as severe as lung disease and neurological disorders. Mold should always be removed and cleaned up as soon as it is discovered.
Mold removal products are quite numerous and readily available in most supermarkets, however in most cases a simple bleach and water solution will be sufficient to kill mold. The affected area should be completely scrubbed down, preferably several times, disinfected, and dried out. The operative word in the process is “dry”. Failure to dry out the affected area will result in more mold. Count on it.
Be sure to wear protective clothing when working around mold. Long sleeves and pants are recommended, as are gloves and eye wear. A filter style breath mask, or ideally, a respirator is required to prevent the inhalation of harmful mold spores.
In larger cases, say where the mold growth encompasses an area of more than a few feet, it is preferable (and wise) to call in a mold remediation professional. Your local IICRC certified water damage restoration company will offer mold remediation and removal among its wide array of services. They are available 24/7, with qualified staff proficient on all the latest mold removal equipment and procedures. They can have your home environment healthy again in no time.
FLOOD WATER REPAIR
FLOOD WATER EXTRACTION
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION